Menu

 photo 1_zps84e06ae4.png  photo 2_zps659de009.png  photo 3_zps904ab323.png  photo 4_zpsaefaf15f.png  photo 5_zps3cf3a571.png  photo 7_zpsc515459f.png

The Heaven on Earth: Sainte-Chapelle


After the Notre Dame, I visited one of the most beautiful places I've seen - the chapel of Sainte-Chapelle. For you this might be a little boring, but I would stay there for hours, if I could.

The Sainte-Chapelle was built by St. Louis, king Louis IX, in the 13th century, in the heart of the palais de la Cité, the sovereign's residence and the seat of his administration.
The chapel is decorated by a unique ensemble of fifteen stained glass windows and a large rose window which form ttrue walls of light. In each window is depicted a Bible story, and also the St. Louis episode of carrying the relics into Paris.

In the middle of the 19th century, the Sainte-Chapelle was restored in a manner which both recreated the original flamboyant Gothic and created an ideal vision of sacred medieval architecture.

These are probably the worse photos I took in Paris, since the lightning wasn't much and there was so many details to get. I'm sorry for the bad quality, but it was the best I could do with my ol' Nikon D80. I'm glad we could photograph inside, though. They were also restoring some windows in the left side, so don't mind the plastic covers.












3 comentários:

  1. Eu acho que as fotos ficaram fantásticas!
    Estas tuas fotos de Paris estão fantásticas, vou lá em Abril e estas fotos fazem-me ficar ainda mais ansiosa :)

    XOXO
    http://fashion-mask.blogspot.pt/

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Ohhhh que bom! Paris é fantástica, apaixonei-me completamente pela cidade! Espero que gostes tanto como eu hehe

      Excluir
  2. que saudades! adorava voltar a visitar isso tudo. essa capela foi das coisas que mais gostei :)

    ResponderExcluir

Popular Posts